Monday, April 03, 2006

Muffies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE PANERA BREAD! It is a great place to eat. It is a restaurant with a wonderful menu, lots of choices, and reasonable prices! This weeekend, I found another reason to LOVE Panera!

This weekend, my husband and I went, (as a part of me losing the NCAA Tourney Bracket bet) and we ate. As we were leaving, we got a few pastries to take home. Who could resist?

(I did have Whole Grain bread and a WONDERFUL GREEK salad, so I thought that a bite of a cookie wouldn't kill me.)

Anyway, Anthony got a Muffie. Okay, so I'm sure you're asking the same thing that we wondered....what's a muffie? It is a hybrid of a muffin and cookie. I don't think that Panera has a trademark on the name, but it is genius.

For those of you who are Seinfield fans....there is finally something that is like the top of the muffin - muffin caps! NO STUMPS HERE! He got a banana nut muffie and I tried a bite.

I got home and immediately I wanted to recreate it in my kitchen. So, with a couple recipes to look off of: my grandmother's famous choc chip cookies, an oatmeal cookie recipe, and a muffin recipe, I combined some of the components and I came up with an oatmeal chocolate chip muffie!

So, congrats to Panera for finding the best of both worlds....a soft moist cookie/muffin top. It's a MUFFIE! Get 'em while you can!

If you can come up with some other muffie combinations, let me know! :)

Since the recipe I came up with this weekend was experimental, once I jot down everything and the measurements, I'll post the recipe.

MUFFIES - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you had any muffies?

6 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

You're too funny, you're starting to sound like Rachel Ray!!!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh i'm waiting for the recipe!!! i try to stay out of panera, there are about 3 of them an equal distance from my home and i'd be living in there given half a chance as i live on carbs. ; )

Jen said...

I know how it is...being addicted to carbs and all.

I made a new recipe tonight and it turned out pretty good.

I will post the muffies recipe tonight....keep your eyes peeled for it! :)

Charlie Tee said...

Make sure that I get some...please and thank you.

Jen said...

you are too funny, Charlie. If you ever get back to the library I will bring you some. It seems like you've been gone for years!!!!! HAHA

Allison said...

I love panera but have never had a Muffie. They just built one near my house too! Which flavors did you guys like?