Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cookies and *&#%...

"Where's the cookies and -BLEEP-????? That came from a line from Bernie Mac's stand up on The Kings of Comedy. It is too funny.

It is appropriate for what I've been up to, though.

Besides the creation of my version of muffies, I have tried to create other SBD friendly recipes. Tonight, I fell off the wagon, though. I had a Krispy Kreme donut, a couple of salt and vinegar potato chips, and a cheese breadstick from Giovanni's. Now, I wish I wouldn't have. But it was so good. Now, I can leave my cravings behind and get back on the wagon tomorrow.

Diets are a roller coaster for me. I'm trying to make a lifestyle change. So, if I "treat" myself every now and then (and I don't make a habit of it), then I should be ok.

As for the muffies, the recipe is provided at the end of this post.

I made cookies with organic naturally white whole grain flour tonight. They turned out good. At least I thought that they were good. Not amazing, but good. Anthony thought that they were "okay", which means that they are good, but not "bangin" as he would say. Now, my self filled cupcakes are "bangin" and my meatloaf (which I made tonight) is "bangin". What he means by this is that he can eat a lot of them or as he says, "bang the heck out of them".

So, I guess it is back to the drawing board for something different...something better.

Here are my recipes: SBD Friendly.....

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffies
1 cup whole wheat/whole grain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ sticks of butter
1 cup splenda
1 tbsp SF maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
A splash of milk
½ or ¾ cup sour cream
½ bag of semisweet chocolate chips

Mix flour with soda and salt. Cream butter; gradually add splenda until light and fluffy (5 minutes) blend in vanilla, egg, sour cream; grad add flour mix; beat until smooth.

Batter will be very sticky like muffin batter.

Stir in choc chips. Drop on greased sheet.

Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. Check them at 8 and you may need to bake them a little longer. I like my cookies and muffies a little chewy.

Mamaw's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies - Made over.....
1 cup whole wheat/whole grain/organic naturally white WW flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ sticks of butter
1 cup splenda
1 tbsp SF maple syrup (a little less is what I use)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 bag of semisweet chocolate chips

Mix flour with soda and salt. Cream butter; gradually add splenda until light and fluffy (5 minutes) blend in vanilla, syrup, egg, sour cream; grad add flour mix; beat until smooth.

Add more flour if sticky.

Stir in choc chips. Drop on greased sheet.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes

No comments: