Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Can't help but LOVE Vicki's!

Okay, so I'll admit. I'm a Victoria's Secret customer. I love their products. No one makes undergarments like they do. Also, from a girl who has always been self conscious of her chest size, Vicki's has been a self esteem builder. (If it wasn't for Vicki's Very Sexy bra with SUPER DUPER padding, i'd still be in a training bra.....:( )

Their undergarments are comfortable and well made. Initially, I thought that they were expensive, but once I realized how great their products are, I knew that it was worth the cost!

A college classmate once told me, "Once you start wearing Victoria's Secret, you won't be able to wear your other underwear." She was right! I started buying from VS several years ago. I haven't purchased underwear anywhere else since!

So, what does all of this mean? Well, as a marketing professional, I look at the reasons why I am a loyal VS customer. I LOVE their products, their sales professionals (they are so helpful), and their commercials are intriguing. Their commercials make me think of several things.

When I saw their new IPEX commerical last week, I caught myself wanting to rush out to VS and get a new bra. Other than the fact that I could use a new one, I decided that I wanted an IPEX one because the ad "suggested the idea". Once I realized that the ad worked for me, I wanted to analyze why it did. So, I wanted to find out what the thought process was for this outcome. I realized that I first thought, "Wow, look how beautiful those women are. If I have a bra like that, I will be beautiful." Then, I thought, "I really need to put down these potato chips and get into shape."

I realize that it is obvious that they play on the beauty and sex appeal of their models to sell their products. Hey, I know that sex sells. But to me, this is more than that. I love their products and sales staff. Their products have helped me build self esteem. So, I take that positive image/memory and mixing that with great ads, I just can't help myself!

A friend told me that the ads have the opposite effect on her. She thinks, "I can never look like that, so why even try." She isn't a VS customer. She said that the fit is not quite right.

I guess that just goes to show that advertising affects people in different ways.

So, what do you think about when you see Victoria's Secret ads?

I hope you will read this post and reply. I really want your input.

10 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Well, as I said in your last post, to me when you come through the door at my job, you just make a statement, but I felt that you were beautiful to begin with.
The thing that makes me think even more highly of you is that you have an honest innocense, and you have a million dollar personality, in the most genuine sense.
I really appreciate your friendship and love, and prayers, but more than anything, I appreciate that you have heart.
Tyra has absolutely NOTHING on you.
lovingly,CT

Jen said...

You are too funny, Charlie. Really, you crack me up!

Shyeah! Nothing on Tyra, OK!!! What ever you say!!!!

So....here's the question for you....what do you think of the ads?

Charlie Tee said...

I think that the ads are sexy, and cool,but those aren't the things that I meant by what I said to you.
What I mean is that I find you realistically beautiful, as opposed to superficially. It's quite easy to look that glamorous if you have a make-up truck and and a crew, it's altogether different when you have to figure it out everyday on your own, sling yourself out of bed and meet the real world.You, to me epitomize grace, charm and real beauty.
To me beauty is having kind thoughts about people, and a warm heart, both of which you have.Tee

Jen said...

AWWW Thanks Charlie! :)

Skip Lineberg said...

Just being perfectly honest, when I see the IPEX commercial, I think of the curves, the bodies. It's hard not to focus on the models. But hey, I'm a guy, and we are visual creatures.

As I told you, I think the IPEX name is a crappy, jargon name. No one knows what it means, if anything. Is it supposed to result in the connotation of a high-tech construction of the bra's support system?

Charlie Tee said...

PS, the comparison to Tyra, is that you two have the same heart.She is alot like you in the sense that she truly cares about people, and the effects of their lives.
As far as the IPEX, just a name, in 10 years it won't exist, but luckily for us all, you will.Love ya,Tee

Jen said...

Skip - I don't know how I feel about a bunch of engineers creating a bra. I hope that at least some of the engineers were women....they would be able to give input on what is comfortable and works! I don't know.....I wonder if the engineers that worked on this project knew that when they graduated from college that they would be 'engineering' a bra!??!! MMM...I wonder if any of them are Tech Grads!??? I knew some engineers in college that would probably say, "PICK ME PICK ME" for this job!!! HAHAHA

Once again, Charlie....you're too kind.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, oh i laughed! victoria's secret is one of my few "luxuries"
i went into one about 6 years ago with money that i had saved up and i was determined to buy a bra there. well, i looked around and didn't see my size there( 34 a, on a good day!!!!)they do display my size now, lots of us out there!
a sales girl (yeah, i know sales people are now "associates" but when an associate is younger than my daughter they are sales "girls" to me ; ) )
she comes over asked what i am interested in, i tell her and she takes me over to a DRAWER where my size was hidden away like some crazy relative in the attic!
i bought it and i was HOOKED! my goodness, i don't care to know the psycological reasonings, wouldn't matter anyway, i loved it. i also swore to friends that bridge engineers must have worked on it( little did i know, this 6 years before the IPEX, ha!)
mostly tho, i buy their sweaters and jeans( not the low slung ones, too old to stand something THAT uncomfortable!)
but their regular jeans and their sweaters and blouses can't be beat for the price. the quality is first rate and they last for years!
beside, i feel sort of like i have on a super hero coustume under my clothes when i wear their underthings! ha! : )

Jen said...

I know exactly what you mean, Sherry! The first time I put on my VS bra, I felt like a million bucks! And when you feel pretty, you can do anything! :)

Oh, and they still keep our size in a drawer under the pretty size C's...that I wish I would be.

I guess it's nice to know that they have something for all sizes! ;)

Jen said...

Thank you for your insight, Michael! :)

I wish I could call mine the 'twins'. Shyeah! That will NEVER happen.