Saturday, March 11, 2006

Interesting Recipes....

I just realized that I never posted about this....

For the Super Bowl, Anthony wanted something different. So, after looking around Food Network's website, he found a recipe from one of Emeril's episodes on party food. It was called Emeril's Favorite Brown Sugar-Crusted Baked Bologna. At first, I have to admit that I was skeptical. The ladies in the deli at Kroger were intrigued when I asked for a 3 pound chunk of bologna.

But I brought it home and prepared it. The aroma filled the kitchen and I was reminded of Easter Sunday as a kid. It smelled just like a yummy, sweet baked ham.

We were even more surprised when we pulled it out of the oven and it tasted even better than it smelled! We served it on bread as sandwiches. Next time, I think I'll make some au gratin potatoes to go with it. WHO KNEW that bologna could taste so good.

As you know, I love to cook and to find new and interesting recipes. So, I'm glad that Anthony found this one!

So, if you know of any other interesting recipes that are worth a try, send them my way!

If would like to try the Emeril's Favorite Brown Sugar-Crusted Baked Bologna for yourself, click here. (It goes over really well for when the guys all get together for basketball or football games.) ***Hint - I made a 3 pound bologna instead of the 6 pounder that it calls for. It fed a crowd, but if you are having a big group, then get the 6 pounder..... It is really easy to adjust the recipe to feed your crew!****

1 comment:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, i printed this out. i just might become brave enogh to try this forsome get together or what have you! thanks!