Friday, July 28, 2006

The Countdown is ON!

Okay, so graduate classes start in less than a month and I am a craszy woman. My thoughts are.... "What the hell was I thinking?" "I can't believe I'm doing this!!!!" and "Wow, this seemed like a good idea a few months ago....."

So, what is going through my head right now? BUSY BUSY BUSY

I just keep thinking about how busy I am now and the fall is the busiest time for me at work (for our whole department, actually) and I can only imagine what it is going to be like with school added on top of that!

I know one thing.....my rear needs to get in gear! Get organized, accept loans, and get started reading my books when they come in.

I've got a large list of "must reads" for a marketing professional before school starts. I've "skimmed" most of them....still need to read a few more. Okay, so I realize that "skimming" doesn't count as really reading them, but I figured if I was going to get through the long list before classes started, that skimming was the only way to do that. I'm sure I'll get back to actually reading every word from cover to cover someday.......

So, say a little prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me......I can see it now.....Weather still warm....packing my laptop, notebooks, textbooks, files from work in my messenger bag...and just hoping that I meet all of the deadlines.

So if you see me walking around, pencil behind one ear, book in hand, cell on the other ear.....then you know....it's official. SCHOOL HAS BEGUN.

And, you know what is the worst thing???? Gone are the days that mom and dad would take me school shopping....gone are the days that I would get all dressed up for the first day of school after changing three or four times.....

It's an online program....I don't think that my husband will buy the fact that I need school clothes! :)

One thing that is still alive and well....First day of school jitters....Here is is three weeks away and I'm already getting the jitters....OH DEAR!

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

I'd opt for the clothes, but that's me...
On the serious side, I wish you all the best.You stop by the library if you need any help at all.
I love you,see you soon.Tee