Saturday, September 17, 2005

We've made it two years!!!

My husband and I celebrated our two year anniversary at the end of August. It's hard to believe that we have only been married for two years. It seems that we've been together much longer because I can barely remember what it was like before we were together (not that I want to remember...)

He got me a beautiful clock for our anniversary....it was engraved with the words, All I ever wanted in life, I've found in loving you.... It is also engraved with our names and anniversary date. I cried when he gave it to me. I cried because I feel the same way about him.

His love for me hits me like a ton of bricks sometimes. As we go throughout daily routines, sometimes we take advantage of what we have. But when we get out of the routine and realize what we have, it is overwhelming for me. Men don't always understand women or their emotions and my husband is no exception. There are times when we are together and suddenly, all at once, I realize how much we love each other and how in love we still are. Then, I start to cry..... It doesn't make sense, but it's the only way my mind and body can express it.

I just can't imagine spending one day without him. He's out of town this weekend and I will be sleeping on the couch. I just can't imagine sleeping in the empty bed. (Even though Wrigley would find a way to still push me to the edge and nearly knock me out of bed! haha) I am so used to having him beside me...I just can't do it. Many days since we are so busy, we don't get to spend much time together. But I always know that he will be with me when I go to sleep.

There are times when I want to kick him in the head...as I am sure he'd like to do the same to me on occasion, but when the day is done, we know that we have each other.

I know that it sounds sappy and cliche', but I just don't know what I would do without him. He's solid and so strong, but has a heart of gold. He shows such compassion and he has a wonderful spirit. Yes, he's stubborn and so am I, but we've been able to compromise...

It's so hard to express how much I love him, so I only hope that he knows that when I say, "I love you" that he realizes what I mean.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

What a sweet post...happy anniversary!!

Charlie Tee said...

"That's How Strong My Love Is."
by Otis Redding.
If I were the Sun way up there,
I'd go with my love everywhere
I'll be the Moon when the Sun goes down
To let you know that I'm still around.
Cause that's how strong my love is
That's how strong my love is
That's how strong my love is
That's how strong my love is
I'll be the weeping willow, I'm drowning in my tears, and you can go swimming whenever you're here,
I'll be the rainbow after the storm has come, and wrap you in my colors and keep you ever so warm
Cause that's how strong my love is
(3x's)
And I'll be the ocean so deep and wide, I'll catch all of your tears whenever you cry, I'll be the breeze after the storm is done and dry your eyes and love you on and on and on...
Cause that's how strong my love is, yes that's how strong my love is....
Don't let your neighbors tell ya I don't love ya, don't let your low down friends tell ya I don't need ya...yes that's how strong my love is.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

Allison said...

Jen,
I loved your post. Although I do not usually share my blog with my husband, sometimes I email him posts that make him all sappy. I just had my third anniversary in August, but I was in a very bad relationship before this and am very grateful by God's blessings.