Monday, September 05, 2005

What a weekend!!!

Okay, so long story short...I had an INTERESTING weekend.

First, I went to a MLB game with my husband and the family of a woman that he works with. It was fun. Of course, since my husband is a HUGE Cubs fan, we watched the Cubs play the Pirates. There was a "interesting" part of the trip. We got lost in Pittsburgh. Actually, it was in between Greentree and Pittsburgh. First, we got a little lost when we were at Station Square (I think that is what it is called.), then we tried to find something to eat and drove around for over an hour. We ended up going back to the hotel, still hungry....We finally ended up eating at Taco Bell before midnight. We went to the game and had a blast (I'll post the pictures tomorrow.) It was my first MLB game and that's all it took to get me hooked. It's MUCH better in person than on TV.


Before the game started, Anthony's mom called us and said that there had been a contractor out cutting down a neighbor's tree since dawn that morning. Of course, our little one was barking all day at the contractors outside. Later in the day, we got another call from Anthony's mom. This time, the contractor wanted to talk to him. He got on the phone and told Anthony that they had torn down a brick flower pot/landscaping box near our parking spots. When we got home, we realized that they had demolished the brick construction, got saw dust all over our other car (the one that is BRAND NEW!), even though they asked Anthony's mom moved it 5 times upon their request. Our next door neighbor was out of town, but he left his truck here. They did more than just cover his truck with sawdust. His truck is scratched. I'm sure he won't be happy about that.

Anthony called the contractor on Saturday night when we got home. They came yesterday to clean up all the dirt and the bricks from their demolition. They are supposed to come this week to rebuild it for us.

Also, we found out on Saturday night from another neighbor that she tried to get the information from the contractor (so that we could contact them if any other problems arose), and it took five requests to get the information from the contractors. They didn't give her a business card, but just their name and phone #. No company name was on the work truck, nor was their any other form of ID, just the information that the man gave our neighbor.

I'm not too worried since they have already cleaned up our yard and will (hopefully) be back soon to rebuild it. However, I am a little upset b/c the contractors or neighbors failed to inform us about this before they had it done. Since it blocked our street for nearly 8 hours and no vehicles could get in or out, it posed a problem. My father-in-law is chronically ill and could need emergency medical attention at any given time. There is an elderly gentleman on our street as well.

Also, if my in-laws hadn't been here, heaven only knows what would have happened to our yard or our new car since we were out of town. The residents on our street could have moved our vehicles down the street (off the hill) if we would have known prior to the work being done. I feel that we should have been notified (by someone) before Saturday.

The lesson learned....I will notify my neighbors of any work that is being done at my home that would affect them in any way. I would expect my neighbors to do the same.

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

I loved this story...
You are the sweetest woman on Earth, never lose your innocense.