Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Six Degrees of Separation

I have been reminded this week that everyone is connected somehow... Many people say that there are less than six degrees of separation between any two individuals. I am beginning to agree. This theory can be true for several reasons. First of all, by living in a community where everyone knows one another or are related somehow, it is very common to be closely connected. Another reason is that we meet people through other people. You go to a party at a friend's house and you meet new people through your friend. Or, you go to a training for work and you meet more people who have similar interests and aspirations. So, it is evident that we are so close knit.

The reason why I even bring this up is because the past few months have been exciting for me. I have met SO many new people through my new job. The organization that I work for provides trainings to other nonprofits and I have been traveling throughout the state helping with the trainings. Meeting so many people who are doing wonderful things for their communities and the state is wonderful.

I am truly grateful to the people that I have met who have educated or inspired me. Their influence has affected by work, life, and aspirations. It's made me "kick it up a knotch", you know?

I am so grateful to have a supportive family and supportive friends who are cheering me on...no matter what!

Thanks a bunch! :)

2 comments:

Skip Lineberg said...

Jennifer~ Isn't it a strange, wonderful cool world ... especially now that we can be more connected! Great blog, by the way ... glad to see it!
Best regards, Skip

Jen said...

Thanks again for the link on your site. I appreciate it! :)

You're the best!