Sunday, May 29, 2005

So, I am NOT a multi-millionaire....

I played the Powerball last night since the Jackpot was so large. I didn't win....unfortunately. I had already spent my money, too...at least part of it.

Let's see... pay off my house, cars, my parents' house and buy them a new vehicle...pay off some other family members' debts and give A LOT to charity. Since I work at a nonprofit, they would get a lot of it and I volunteer for the March of Dimes, so they would get a substantial gift as well. I can't forget about my home church back in Ansted either. I'd invest a lot of it in local businesses and charities....

I would like to make sure that all my friends and family were taken care of. I am sure I'd make a lot of new friends fast.....

I don't want this to sound like I would give it all away...I am generous, but not up for sainthood!!! Investments, family, friends, and charity would have received most of it, but I would probably buy a new car for me and my husband. I don't want anything extravagant. Although, my husband might object...he would probably want a Hummer or something!!! (Although, I am not sure we could afford the gas for it, even if we did win the lottery.)

So, if you would have been the one with the winning ticket last night for over $200 million, what would you do with it???

3 comments:

kenju said...

I would do pretty much the same thing you would do with the money; pay off my mortgage, buy new cars, travel a little, give some to my church and charities, and then I would buy 2 new state of the art computer systems for my husband and me to blog on!
I'm formerly from Chas.

kenju said...

Oops, I guess I told you that already. Sorry for the repetition.

Jen said...

No problem. Good to hear from you again! :)