Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Gwen Stefani is AWESOME!

I was getting ready for work this morning and I was listening to MTV Jams as I always do in the mornings. (I watch ESPN with my husband and then a little Today show before getting into the shower. Then, I listen to the music on MTV Jams while getting ready.) So, as usual, after getting out of the shower, I was listening to the music videos while putting my makeup on. I heard Gwen Stefani's new video come on and I have only seen it a couple of times, so I stopped what I was doing and went into the bedroom to watch the video. I have been a fan of Gwen for a very long time. (I am also a fan of her husband, Gavin Rossdale from BUSH.) I have all of the No Doubt cds, but I haven't bought her new solo cd yet. Hollaback Girl, her new track/video, has a great beat (as you know from previous posts, I am a sucker for a good beat), but the lyrics are a little dumb. The song, as dumb as it may be, it is still catchy. I caught myself singing it to myself all morning. If I was still a cheerleader/dancer, it would be the hit song for performances! As my friend told me (and I agreed) that it would have made a perfect pep rally song. (Of course the track is good b/c it was produced by the Neptunes.)

The other thing that makes the video appealing (to men as well, I'm sure) is that Gwen looks as beautiful as ever. She is wearing a band uniform in part of the video. I just think...DAMN, I wish I looked that good when I had to wear a band uniform. Yeah, like I would have been that lucky!!!! Let's see, I had the blond hair....ummm what else? Oh yeah, NOTHING! I read in an article many years ago about how Gwen stays in shape. She does about as many ab workouts as Janet Jackson, which is a LOT! I guess I need to get off my backside and do something.

So, back to Taebo, I go!!! I will start my workout regimen again tomorrow. If I could only do a workout to get Gwen's face, I'd be set. Don't think that will happen!

Another thing that I like about Gwen is that she is not too thin...in days where many stars look like crack addicts, it is nice to see a thin woman who is not too thin. I'll never be that thin, but she looks human....

Then, as if I thought my morning couldn't get better...Rob Thomas' new video came on. OMG!!!! I went to see Matchbox 20 last October at WVU and it was awesome! My friend and I drooled while our husbands tried to enjoy the show. I am sure they enjoyed the concert, but not nearly as much as we did!!!! :) We have wonderful husbands and he has a wonderful drop dead gorgeous wife- who is a model, so I don't think there is much to worry about. So my morning was complete. I got to see Gwen perform, which is cool b/c I think she is a really cool artist and probably an awesome person and Rob, who is so amazingly hot. Oh yeah, and he is a good performer, too.

So who are the people that you make you do a double take????

***By the way, when I was typing some of this, I felt like I was 14 again writing in my diary. HA HA :)*******

No comments: