Monday, November 21, 2005

Camping...at Walmart!

Yep! That's what I'm doing tonight.... My husband wants an XBOX 360 Game System for Christmas. They go on sale at Walmart tonight at midnight. My mother-in-law and I will be "camping out" in the Layaway Dept tonight. (That's where they are selling the games. I guess so that it won't crowd the electronics dept.) We plan to arrive at the store about 9 or so. Hopefully, this will give us a better shot at getting one. There are only 30 game systems available at each store.

I don't know why they don't have more game systems available, but every time that a new system comes out, they only send 30 or so to each store. I guess they find this amusing... :( What does that mean for the moms and dads that want to get them for their kids...OH, and the wives that are getting them for their husbands? It means that we have to do anything to get them....My mother-in-law reminds me of the days of fighting in the eisles over Cabbage Patch Dolls...Heaven help us if that happens tonight. I am normally not a fighter, but I'll have the "throw down" with someone if they try to cut in line.

I intend to take my book and a folding chair with me to Wally World. If we don't get one tonight, then it's off to Target and Circuit City tomorrow before 8 AM to stand in line once again.

ARGHHH the agony….to stand in line for friggin three hours to pay several hundred dollars for something that will provide him with another reason to ignore me.…or at least provide him with something that he finds more fun and interesting.

I am beginning to wonder about my sanity at this point. As if he doesn't occupy the living room tv enough as it is....He already plays Madden on the PS2 every chance he gets. When he isn't playing football on tv, then he is watching football on tv....whether it is a game that is on or he is watching SportsCenter for the millionth time (to watch the highlights from the game he just watched). I just know that having the XBOX 360 in the house will provide the opportunity for my husband to leave a permanent imprint on the couch for at least a couple weeks.

He also informed his mother and I that he will get his XBOX early if we get him one....Oh, did I tell you that he always gets his gifts early? That is something that his mom started many years ago, and somehow, I've continued. :(

I bought him XBOX Live for his XBOX a couple years ago and he stayed up several nights playing it. When I say that he stayed up all night, on those nights, he didn't go to bed until it was almost time for me to get up and go to work! It's a good thing that he has part of this week off and can play it all weekend, too. Otherwise, he might be inclined to use his vacation time to stay home and play the game. It's sad, but true...

I love my husband and he loves me. I think he'd find me more interesting if I came with games and controllers and that he could turn me off and on whenever he liked. Unfortunately, for him, that model wasn't available when he married me. I don't come with those features.... :( Of course, when I married him, the Cooking, Cleaning, ATM model wasn't available, either. Instead, I got the account auditor model instead. HAHA

Does anyone out there have something that you JUST HAVE TO GET someone for Christmas??? What is it? It better not be an XBOX b/c that might reduce my chances of getting one. :(

Somebody pray for me tonight...Pray that I don't get into a fight with someone else in line...Pray that I get one of this expensive toys for my 25-year old husband (so that I can be his "hero" for a few days)...and Pray that I don't fall asleep at work tomorrow...Most of all, pray that this doesn't drive me insane. :)

Oh, yeah, and happy holidays! (Can you sense the sarcasm...??? 'Cause I'm layin' it on pretty thick!!!) I feel like exploding into Clark Griswold's rant from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. And...it's not even Thanksgiving!

(If you want to hear the rant that I am talking about, click here. Then, click on the file name, "Nuthouse".)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I agree with Michael! :-)