Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's Thursday...

Okay, so while I thought that today would be pretty uneventful, it proved wrong.

First, I got up, watched GMA, and was getting ready. Today was one of those days where everything looked like crap when I put it on. I tried on about 15 outfits before I decided to wear my brand new suit (which I got for $50 at TJMaxx this weekend YEAH!!!). I didn't want to wear it yet. I wanted to save it for a day when I would be out of the office or at an important meeting. :( But, with "nothing else to wear", I decided to give into temptation and wear it. It is a "classy" gray and black tweed suit. It is a wardrobe set - jacket, pants, and skirt. Okay, enough about the suit...(I just love a good deal!)

So, off to work I went. I mailed out a very important package via USPS express mail yesterday to arrive in DC at an office "on/near the hill" today BEFORE NOON. I received a call from the DC office today at 2:30 that the package had not arrived. ARGHHHH!!! I can't believe that the package didn't get there! It had to be there! It should have been there before noon. So, I called the PO that it was routed through. They didn't know what happened to the package either. The postmaster told me that he would call me ASAP to let me know what he found out about the package and in the meantime, he would have another carrier pick up the package from the other carrier and it would be delivered immediately. Okay, so I called the DC office back. I told them it should be delivered by 3 pm. I didn't hear back, so I assume that it was delivered. The USPS site has not been updated yet, so I have no way of knowing...until, that is, when USPS updates the computer system. :(

Side note...I read Jessica Cutler's book, "The Washingtonienne" this weekend. It is a novel loosely based on Jessica's involvement in a sex scandal on Capital Hill. I'm sure you've heard about it...since it involved a blog and all. (Check out her archive by clicking here. Check out her current blog by clicking here.) I don't normally read this stuff, but it definitely was interesting. Especially since I finished the book in less than two days (not reading constantly, of course.) But, I couldn't put it down!!! So, while I was talking to the DC contacts yesterday and today, I thought, "I wonder who the 'Jessica' is in their office." I know that is awful!!! I guess it's because I just read the book, but my goodness, I can't believe I thought that while I was on the phone. I'm just glad that I didn't have a Freudian slip and say something...I would have been SO FIRED!!!!

I had a big message posted here, but when I went it to fix a typo, I deleted a big chunk of the message instead!!! ARGHH! I was writing with fury from a stupid thing today and I guess it was meant to be that I deleted it. :(

I'm going to the premiere tonight, so I'll post how it goes. :)

Just got an update...the package was indeed delivered at 3:30. YIPPEEEE

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know...That is what I was thinking..."I can't believe I didn't learn my lesson the first time!!"

A guy at Maple posted that they had a very important package LOST through FedEx. So, I guess that only leaves UPS! :)