Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Dreams and Thoughts....

DREAMS...
I have had crazy dreams lately, and from my conversation with my friend, Charlie, I'm not the only one. It seems as though it has been common lately. They just don't make sense!!!!

I dreamed one night this weekend that I was trying to save puppies from a cage. The puppies were in a cage with snakes and I couldn't get the puppies out without getting bitten. But, if I left the puppies in the cage, they would be eaten by the snake. (In my dream, I believed this.) So, I tried and tried. All the while, I was in an empty office space with realty signs all around me. I understand that part, though. We have been looking for new office space at work and there are three coworkers selling/buying houses right now. One of them has a dog who just had pups, so that might explain it. Who knows? It is all a little crazy for me, but most of my dreams are.

THOUGHTS....
I have been thinking a lot about people lately. Some people who I haven't thought of for a long time. A few of them are people who I was close friends with during high school. One girl in particular, has come up in conversations three times in the last few months. First, I heard that she was working in an office where my aunt used to work. Then, she is in women's club or group with a lady who called and registered for one of our workshops at work. (Coming from a small county, people always ask if you know 'so in so' and I usually do.) Then, today, another friend contacted me and asked me if I knew this girl (since she knew that the girl had went to the same high school.) My friend today had my high school friend's phone number. I think I might call her this weekend. It is a little strange, but I feel like there is a reason for me thinking so much about her and hearing so much about her. So, I figure it's worth a phone call. Besides, I would love to hear what she has been up to.

I have also been thinking about people that I continually think about. More so than usual, though. I always pray for my friends and family before I go to sleep at night. I pray for their health and safety. These are people that I think about at least each night. But, I have been thinking about them even more. I think about times that I spent growing up at my grandmother, aunt, papaw, mother and my best friend, Tamara, and her family. Then, I think about the wonderful times I spent with my brothers, my dad, my mom, my nana and granddad. I also think about all of my other family members and friends that I have such great memories with. I don't know why. Every little thing is triggering a memory......Maybe it is to help me appreciate things and not take things for granted. There are moments during the day when I still go down the hallway at work and for a split second, I forget that Michael Ann isn't in the office next to me anymore. And, now that our office manager is moving, it will be weird dealing with that too. I'm glad we are moving office space because maybe this won't happen anymore. Then, there are certain things that remind me of Tamara and the times that we spent every waking moment together. We are both married and have jobs and lives that we have to lead, but no matter what, we are still best friends. But I would love sometimes to just go back to the days when we played Barbies, swam in the neighbor's pool, and ate without care that it would go to our waistline. Just one day of being little carefree girls again. It's not that I don't want to be with my husband or have my current life...I am lucky to have the life I have. But, who doesn't want to go back to the carefree days of childhood?

And then, there is the times that I spent with my great friend, Lib, chatting on her couch and talking about our lives and enjoying each other's company. Even going to Walmart was fun with her. She and I are going to start grad school together, so I hope to get to see her more soon.

A friend who I have become close with at work, Annette, is our VISTA. She has a one year 'committment' to our organization and then she is probably moving back home to Ohio. I don't want her to leave and I have already told her that she moved to WV and we aren't letting her leave! HAHA Her one year project will be finished in October, so we've got some time. I'm trying to make the most of it. But, I know that she will be leaving when fall comes. I just hope it's one long summer.

Basically, this post is tributed to all of my friends and family.... from childhood buddies to career colleagues. A special thanks to the friends and family who have supported me for as long as I can remember. A special thanks to my friends from college, work and professional life that have supported me and pushed me to grow and learn. I can't believe how many people who have helped me get where I am. It truly takes a village to raise a child. I am still being 'raised' and still learning.....AND I am so grateful to my village.

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

As far as I'm concerned YOU are the leader of this village...we are blessed beyond measure to have you in our lives.
May Allah continue to bless us with you.Tee