Sunday, February 26, 2006

Great Weekend....

I have had a great weekend!

Friday evening was spent at home......After a one hour deliberation with the Tax Dept and the Assessor's Office about my property taxes.....ALL $270 of it! (They misquoted me....original quote was $136 - over the phone....Then, in person on Friday, when I went to pay it, it was $270. Then, they said that they had misquoted it and it should be nearly $350, but since they misquoted me at the $270 amount, that is what they will charge me. I'll have to go in tomorrow AM to give them the check. ARGHHH!!! $270!!!!!)

Saturday was spent with my friend, Annette, and her parents. They are so nice! I went with Annette and her parents for a quick tour of Charleston. We went through Kanawha State Forest. We made a wrong turn and even though we thought that we would come out on Rt. 119 in Corridor G, we actually came out in Hernshaw (right outside of Boone County). Nothin' like a Saturday adventure!!!! Plus, Annette's dad is afraid of heights and he was a little concerned winding around a curvy dirt road with NO guard rails! :) It was a trip to WV that I doubt they soon forget!!!!! Anthony and I met up with them for dinner and had a great chat and some great food! Annette's mom paid the bill before I even had a chance! So, we will return the favor next time. It was such a great visit! I also got to talk with Michael Ann and Libby on the phone. It was a great day!

Sunday was spent with my family. I hadn't seen mom, dad, and the boys for a few weeks. I had a great visit. I didn't get to spend much time with dad though. He got off work after 4 and I thought he got off work at 3. :( I hope to spend more time with him soon.

It's back to work tomorrow....a good week ahead, I think. I am always excited to get back to work after a great weekend. Good times with friends and families recharge me for work!

Talk to you guys soon! Have a great MONDAY!

No comments: