Monday, February 13, 2006

What I've been up to.....

Hye, i'ave had so much going on, but I jus thavne't been able to get it down into a post. So, here's a bulleted list of what I've been up to:

  1. First, I've been working on our training sessions for work. I've been bringing work home with me almost every evening for the past couple weeks so that I can get everything done. We are doing a "trial run" of some of our trainings with our staff this week (to make sure that everything we want to cover is included in the presentations). So, I have to make sure that my presentations are finished and ready to go by Wednesday. :) Wish me luck!
  2. I went to hear my friend Charlie (read his blog) and the band that he performs in, The Carpenter Ants, with another friend last weekend. I had a blast. They are SO talented. I love their music! It is a great blend of all different sounds and I truly enjoy their music. Many of their songs speak to me deep down....and a few others are songs that I listen to for a smile or laugh. If you ever get the opportunity to see the Carpenter Ants perform, DO IT! I had never seen them live, but I had heard two of their CD's. They are even better live! Because you get to see the joy and enjoyment on their face, but even on their CD, you can hear their joy and smiles. Check them out at http://www.carpenterants.wvmusichalloffame.com/. A BIG SMILE AND ROUND OF APPLAUSE TO THE ANTS for their wonderful performance at Vandalia Lounge last Friday night. I had a blast!!!!!
  3. I've decided to pursue my Master's Degree through WVU's Integrated Marketing and Communications program. I will go back into debt, but it will a wise investment. I am applying for some scholorships too, so I hope that will help. The program is an intensive program that takes less than 2 years to complete. Semesters are 9 weeks long and I will be taking two courses per semester. Man, I will be a crazy woman this fall!!!!! (I'm excited about this because my friend, Lib, is going to be in the program too. We'll be study buddies!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!)
  4. Anthony took me out to dinner at a great new restaurant downtown on Friday. The food was great and we got to spend quality time together. I couldn't tell you the last time we went on a "date" together. It was so nice. When we went out all the time before we got married, I took it for granted. Now, I truly appreciate him taking me out for a nice quiet evening....and not complaining when I ordered the Shrimp Scampi (that was a little expensive). We had a wonderful evening! I felt so bad though when Anthony was up all night vomiting. (I don't think it was the food...he was coming down with something last week and I think that it finally hit him hard Friday night.) I know that he said that it will be a while before he eats spicy food again....I take it that it wasn't as tasty coming back up! (Okay, that was gross and probably TMI, but I felt compelled to share....for some twisted reason.)
  5. As in my other post, we have had problems with email at work over the past couple weeks and it has driven me crazy!

I think that's all....Just workin', livin', and preparin' for grad school.

I'll keep you guys up to date! :)

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

Thanks for the plug, I'm glad that you had a great time...
In reading your last post,I had to chuckle because that's the dilemma I'm faced with at work, we no longer can do personal e-mail as such, so it makes my day longer because I'm without it.HA HA HA.
We must have the same e-mail gods...I'll talk to you soon.
I see that you started a post on Soul OF Us, I'll alert the troops and we can get cracking on it.Love ya,Tee