Wednesday, June 22, 2005

26 things about me!

I stole this from Moogie's blog site. (Her blog is lots of fun BTW) I thought it would be a good idea to let you know a little more about me. I apologize ahead of time for misspellings...I am doing this in somewhat of a hurry.

So, here's a quiz. I'd love for you guys to answer with your responses.

1. What time do you get up: 6:30 or a little after during the week, but I usually sleep in until 9 on weekends. Wrigley, our Shih Tzu/Yorkie, is our alarm clock!

2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Gosh, do I have to pick just one? Probably my grandmother (my dad's mom). She was a published poet and I am sure she could teach me many more things. I would love to sit on the porch swing with her and listen to her sing to me again. I used to love that.

3. Gold or silver? Either, if someone else is buying!

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I think that it was Bad Santa. It's sad, but we don't normally go to the theater. We usually wait until it comes out on DVD or on HBO.

5. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? I am obsessed about TV. Let's see... Just rambling through the list (in no particular order)....What Not to Wear, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Trading Spaces, American Dreams, Law and Order Criminal Intent(I am attracted to Vincent D'nofrio for an unknown reason.), CSI (Las Vegas & not the others), Extreme Makeover, Extreme Makeover Home Edition (Ty is too cute!), American Idol, Lost, America's Top Model, CBS lineup on Mondays, 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray, Paula's Home Cooking, Entertaining with Michael Chiarello, Low Carb and Lovin' It, Calorie Commando, The Next Food TV Star, Hell's Kitchen, and ANY makeover/home improvement show known to man. I know I've missed some. I told you I LOVE TV!!!

6. What did you have for breakfast? Cheerios.

7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? Jerry Falwell. I think I would rather someone stab me a million times than to have to share the same air as him. I know one thing...if I ever get near him, he will get an earfull. I know that it is not nice to hate someone, but I can't help it. My mind and my heart won't let me not hate him. Although he is so full of hatred, I don't think it matters. (I tried to keep it to a minimum, but as you can tell, this is a touchy subject for me.)

8. What inspires you? People who use their experiences for good rather than lying down in the mess. I admire people who can pick up the pieces and move on with style and class.

9. What is your middle name? Renee

10. Beach, city or country? I like living near a city, but I don't want to live downtown. I am content with living near Charleston. It has southern hospitality, but has a lot to offer. (And the traffic isn't horrible)

11. Favorite ice cream? ANY KIND. My husband and I are addicted to ice cream. "Hello, my name is Jen. And, I am an ice cream addict."

12. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? butter and a little salt.

13. What color is your bathroom? One is a light sage and the other is purple.

14. Favorite color? PINK - "It's my signature color." What can I say, I love Steel Magnolias? (I've always loved pink, though.)

15. What kind of car do you drive? 2005 Hyundai Elantra

16. Favorite sandwich? Anything from Blossom Deli downtown. What can I say? I love Blossom and Chef Dodson is amazing! :) (I know, I know...it's a sandwich, but Blossom is just amazing period! Their dinner selection is great, too.)

17. What characteristic do you despise? closed-minded

18. Favorite flower? Calla Lillies. That is what I had in my wedding. Simple and Elegant...(just like me. HA I WISH!)

19. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would it be? Oh, goodness. Maybe NYC, Vegas, Italy, Greece, the Bahamas...I don't know. I would go anywhere I think. I love to travel.

20. Favorite brand of clothing? My favorite store is Lerner New York. Affordable clothes that are made well, fit well, and look great. They withstand lots of wear and I love their stuff.

21. Where would you like to retire to? I don't know. I'd love to retire, but I think that is a little far off for me to even consider. :(

22. Favorite day of the week? I pretty much like all days. Although, Mondays are my least favorite.

23. What did you do for your last birthday? At a Marketing and Communications Conference held at Flatwoods, WV. I ate dinner with a few strangers from the training. Oddly enough, by the time dinner was over, we were all friends! I still email and see a few of them! I had a great time! How great?! (I just wish my husband could have been there to celebrate with me. He would have had a blast, too.)

24. Where were you born? Beckley WV in Raleigh General Hospital.

25. Favorite sport to watch? I love Cheerleading or Dance Competitions. I watch football, baseball, and a little basketball with my husband. He is a sports fanatic. He, along with other sports fanatics, will tell you that cheerleading and dance are not sports. Well, I say that they are and that is what I like to watch, so there!!! HA HA

26. What fabric detergent do you use? Tide. I am allergic to everything else.

What about you? What are your answers. Take the quiz and post them here on the comments secton. I would love to see your answers.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love Steel Magnolias too. Found you via Sharon's blog.

Jen said...

Nice to see you on my blog. I read your posts on Sharon's site all the time. Welcome.