Thursday, June 09, 2005

VACATION! WAHOOO!!!

At 2:30 tomorrow, my husband and I will depart for our weekend getaway. We will meet up with my best friend and her husband in Beckley at 3:30. We will then continue on our journey to Snowshoe Mountain.

To answer the question that is on your mind.....Yes, I know it is not ski season.

Even though we won't be hitting the slopes (which doesn't bother me since I don't know how to ski), we will be hitting the pool, hot tub, and the restaurants. We intend on spending time in the lodge playing cards and just relaxing. Many times, our vacations are so busy with sight-seeing and events that we have to come home to rest!!! This vacation will be different....we intend on spending a lot of time just resting and hanging out.

My husband and I went to Snowshoe for our honeymoon. It is so peaceful up there. Not only is it peaceful, but Snowshoe has some of the best food I have ever eaten. As much as I have talked about my previous experience at Red Fox to other people, I should get a discount!!!! Their website doesn't lie...."The Red Fox is proud to serve an extraordinary blend of hearty cuisine, gourmet delights and unique mouth watering wild game specialties. Guests at the Red Fox can enjoy impeccable European-style service, blended with American casualness with spectacular slope side views under a moonlight atrium."

As you may know from reading my other posts, I am a FOOD enthusiast. We have reservations for 5:30 at the RED FOX on Saturday. YUMMMMMMMM I can't wait! What will I have??? Probably a little of everything!!!!

I recommend Snowshoe Mountain for your next getaway! So many people go outside the state for vacation when we have wonderful getaways (for great prices) right here at home!!! Snowshoe is far enough away from me that it feels like a vacation, but you don't even have to leave the state!!! Snowshoe Mountain is beautiful and I hope to be able to post some of the pics from vacation when I get back.....

Have a great weekend!

****If you want more info on Snowshoe Mountain in WV, visit their website at www.snowshoemtn.com ********

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope it was great! Now you have to write about it :)

Jen said...

Thanks, Sharon! I hope to be able to post about it tonight.
:)