Monday, June 13, 2005

Once again...Snowshoe was outstanding!!!

Snowshoe did not let me down this weekend. We had a wonderful trip and consumed more food than I thought was humanly possible. The Red Fox on Saturday was outstanding! Thankfully, our dinner was included in our vacation package! When we got the bill to sign, it was $254!!! I think that is the most I have ever spent at a restaurant!!! (Thankfully, it wasn't actually money spent since it was included, but I can't believe that the check was that much!!!) Even though the bill was pricey, we did get four appetizers, four entrees, four desserts, two cappacinos and two bottles of wine. I am surprised that they didn't have to roll me out of there!!!! All four of us ordered something different so that we could try a variety of things. So, in one evening, we had a little Boar, Elk, Pheasant, Salmon, Escargo, Wild Turkey, Filet Mignon, Hen, and I can't forget all the desserts! I was especially fond of the Pheasant Ravioli Appetizer. I didn't care too much for the Escargo, but at least I can say that I have tried it. All the food was wonderful, but the desserts were not as good as I anticipated. The White Chocolate Lava Cake did not measure up to the lava/molten cakes that I have had at other restaurants. I had a praline, caramel, and fudge sundae, which was good, but not worth $6.99. The other two desserts included a Espresso Dark Chocolate Parfait and a Blueberry Creme Brulee. The Creme Brulee was good, but I will stick to the traditional recipe with the chocolate center. (After all, you can't really beat chocolate!!!)

It was a wonderful experience and I will definitely go back and visit the Red Fox.

Now to our room....When we arrived at Snowshoe, we checked in and went to the Rimfire Lodge, where we were staying. Upon arrival, I was so excited to find out how our room would look. I guess I was nervous too...concerned that my friends would not like it. :( Not to worry though, because the sound of our mouths dropping to the floor when we opened the door relieved my worries that my friends would be dissapointed. A large kitchen with dishwasher, sink, cabinets (fully stocked with dishes and cooking essentials), refridgerator, stove, and microwave. We could have cooked a full meal if we had taken groceries with us. But with all of the wonderful food at Snowshoe, who would want to cook??? (The room even had a picnic basket in the kitchen cabinet, equipped with wine glasses, napkins, silverware, and plates! WOW!)

What more could you ask for? Well...since you asked....A large living area with a full balcony and patio furniture, gas fireplace (even though we didn't need it), tv, stereo, and more!!! Each couple had their own bedroom (with a tv in the room!!) and bathroom! With two women in the room getting ready at the same time, the two bathrooms came in handy.

We lounged in the pool and hot tub on Saturday, walked around a little, and then got ready for dinner. I had a great weekend. It was very relaxing. We did a little sight seeing on Sunday on our way home. We went to Cranberry Glades and Beartown. I have lived in WV all my life but had never visited these spots. I am glad to say that I have been there and that it was while I was spending time with close friends.

I hope to load my pictures to the server tomorrow and I hope to add them in the morning.

I had a great vacation and I hope you do too!!! Best wishes on your adventures!

No comments: