Thursday, December 22, 2005

I could not imagine...

I could not imagine losing my dad. I don't want to think about it. But, since last night, that's all I can think about. I got a call from my mom last night that my granddad (my dad's father) passed away yesterday evening.

I am sad, but I know that Granddad is now back with Nana. Now he is not lonely. He will never be sick or lonely again. He will never struggle to remember someone's name...he will never forget a face...a place...or time...

Please pray for my family during this difficult time. I am worried about my dad. I love him so much and it hurts me to see him hurt.

I can not imagine losing my dad. I don't want to think about it....but since yesterday, that's all I can think about.......

4 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Hang in there, if you need me please call.I love you.Charlie Tee

Sherry Pasquarello said...

you are right in thinking that he and she are together and happy and have a greater illumination which i am sure brings peace.

i remember a christmas eve years ago, my grandfather's brother was buried that day.
christmas eve is our big celebration and my uncle was the only brother, the only relative my grandfather had in this country as he had worked to help him come from italy as my grandfather had.
after a bit, my grandfather looked at everyone gathered in his house and said that frank was at peace and christmas was for the living, for the family and all the kids and so we had a celebration. bittersweet, but a celebration non the less.

Heather said...

Prayers going out for you and your family, Jen.

Skip Lineberg said...

Jen, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my wishes of sympathy and know that your family will be in my prayers.
Skip