Monday, December 12, 2005

My wish was granted...My prayer was answered...

In my recent post, I wished (and prayed) for something special to do this year....something different...something to help someone else. A friend of mine who I hadn't talked to in a month or so was telling me about how her organization still had some families that needed a "secret santa" sponsorship for the holidays. She was worried because it was so close to the holidays. I felt like it was a message. I mean, you can't get more obvious than that! Someone to come right out and say it....

So, that is my blessing for today. I've found something to bring back the spirit of Christmas in my life. I will spend my money on something important...someone else instead of another "thing" to collect dust in my house.

Friends are going to help me sponsor the family...I already have people telling me that they will help.

I am so blessed for what I have been given...now it is my turn to give to someone else.

Pray for all of those families in need this holiday season...and all year 'round.

Jen :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you so much for your contribution, Michael. You, Libby, and my former boss, Steve, have already contributed. Thanks to all of you.

Thank you for supporting me...in this and everything else.

I am so blessed to have such awesome and caring friends!

Jen :)

Heather said...

You are a good person, Jen.

Jen said...

Thank you, Heather.

I hope that people don't think that I am just doing this for attention or applause or praise.

I wanted to share this on my blog so that people know that I was blessed today by this opportunity to help others.

Thanks for all of your praise and cheers. (I wasn't asking for it, but it is nice. )

Jen

Sherry Pasquarello said...

there are so many ways to help. it is easier to find people in need at holiday times because it is a season of giving. i hope tho, that people will continue to give, to food banks or donate blood or to the veteran's hospitals, the USO, to their local children's hospital or an animal shelter etc. all the year long. you are a good person.