Tuesday, December 20, 2005

MMMM....CUPCAKES!!!!

I just finished up in the kitchen...third night in a row. I am seriously considering finding a sweets anonymous group...I really think I need help! HAHA

What I baked tonight was my aunt's self-filled cupcakes. MMMM with buttercream frosting.

They are yellow cake mix cupcakes with a chocolate chip cheesecake filling...with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting (recipe to follow).

Like I told Annette in an IM post a few moments ago....."I just made the best cupcakes. OMG! I haven't had them since I was a kid...they turned out SO good....I swear...I'm considering marrying it.... :)"

My aunt made these for my birthday parties. I remember them being good, but I didn't realize you could feel LIKE THAT from a cupcake! The only dessert that has made me feel that good (before now) has been the walnut hot fudge cake with ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream from Blossom Deli in Downtown Charleston....

So, try this recipe...It will amaze any baker...and any guest. (It's SO easy!)

Self-Filled Cupcakes
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 6 oz pkg chocolate chips (I use mini semi sweet)

Mix the cake mix according to pkg directions. Place paper cupcake liners in muffin tins. Fill liners 2/3 full with cake batter.

Cream togteher cream cheese and sugar. Beat in egg with a dash of salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop one rounded tsp of cheese filling into each cupcake (on top of batter). Bake according to pkg directions.

Makes 30. Frost with Buttercream Frosting.

Buttercream Frosting
1 stick butter or margarine (Can not use light or reduced fat...:( will separate/not blend properly
1 lb of confectionary sugar
2 or 3 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp cocoa

Mix together until well blended. may have to add an additional tsp of milk, but mix well first before adding any additional milk. Beat until completely smooth and creamy.

Ice cupcakes.

5 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Can I move in...I'll even become a Cubs fan....HA HA HA.
All of this sounds too good, after you left the library, we munched out, couln't help ourselves.
I'm sure my blood sugar is elevated, but it was sho'nuff good goin' down.
Just put my room near the kitchen.Love ya,Tee

Jen said...

I doubt that, Michael! You know how much I love food! HA HA

MMM. How I love sugar...let me count the ways!.....haha

Charlie, I think that you'd have to fight my father-in-law for the room near the kitchen...I know that if we ever had room in our dining room for a bed, that's where he'd stay! HAHA
I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies! :)

Jen said...

donna, If you can wait that long to try it, go for it! You've got more willpower than I do! HA

It sounds rich, but it really isn't overwhelming. It's SOOO good! Enjoy!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

oh, thank you!!!!

i'm printing these recipes out!!! oh my!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jen!