Friday, December 16, 2005

Very busy weekend....

It's Friday...Finally!!! But....there's a catch! I have a very busy weekend ahead of me! I'll have to come back to work to get some rest! (HAHA)

Tonight, it's off to do some shopping with my mother-in-law. She needs to finish up her shopping and I will be going along for the ride (or the drive....since I will be driving). The only down side is that we have to go out Corridor G to get the things that she wants/needs. That place is pure craziness on the weekends...especially during the holiday season! So, that should be interesting!

Saturday is a big day! Shopping all day (since I only have a few gifts checked off on my list). My friend, Annette, and I will be headed out to Barboursville to hit the stores hard and heavy! I have a million things to do and not much time to do it! Only 9 days until Christmas! Well, 8 considering we exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. I haven't even finished making a Christmas List....OH NO!

Sunday, I will either be going up to my mom and dad's to visit or meeting my brothers for a movie in town. Either way, it will be a good day! :)

Anthony and I decided last night that we will start our own tradition this year and do our own Christmas dinner. Normally, we go to my parents' house for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This year, I'm going to create our own Christmas feast. I have cooked a turkey and the fixin's with my mom's help one time. I think I can do it, but I will definitely have my mom on speed dial! I hope that she will speak to me after I tell her that I won't be up to celebrate on both days. The past few years haven't felt like the Christmas celebrations of my youth....I miss the old traditions...and going back to those aren't possible, so I guess we'll start new ones. So, hopefully this will help with my lack of holiday cheer. :(

(Yes, I know....chastise me if you will...I still don't have my tree up at my house...other interior decorations are up, but no tree....maybe if I get inspired this weekend, I'll put it up. mmmm probably not.....)

No comments: