Sunday, December 25, 2005

An Eventful Christmas....

I haven't posted in several days. There has been a lot going on....

I spent Thursday afternoon with my family....I didn't get to spend much time with Dad because he was busy on the phone with his brothers and sisters making the arrangements. I just feel so bad for all of them....I know that it has been difficult for all of them..... :(

On Friday I went up to the station to spend the morning with my friends at the station....as a tradition....we always do that on Christmas Eve or the last "live" day before Christmas. It was fun. Definitely memorable...as always!!!! I always have a blast! It lifted my spirits!!! Friday was also our office holiday party & it went very well. We had a white elephant gift exchange and all gave donations to a person in need. I'm the "social coordinator" for our office meetings, etc. This was no exception....I love doing that stuff, though! It really cheered me up! We all wrote down our favorite holiday memories and I read them aloud. Then everyone guessed who's memory it was. Then, we also wrote down a reason why we love working for our organization. That was very inspiring and motivating! Reminscing with holiday memories was really fun, too!

Friday night - Anthony and I went downtown for me to finish shopping and I dropped him off at a friend's house to play Madden. Charlotte Russe was having a huge sale, so I got a pair of earrings, bracelet, a belt, pair of pants, a cami, and pair of pants for about $40!!!! Got some great gifts, too! Then, when I got home, Anthony and I decided to exchange gifts....he got me a pink sapphire and diamond necklace that I had been eyeing at the jewelry store...and a NEW BLENDER! YESSSSS!!!!! Mixed drinks, here I come!!!

Saturday - I got up and got ready. It was a long day! We went up to my grandmother's for dinner. We had a great visit! Then, we went to my mom and dad's for gift exchange. Anthony and I got some KILLER stuff! My brother is so awesome! He got us Sirius Satellite radio!!!! Mom and Dad got us some really cool stuff...I got some cookware, new gadgets, lots of great stuff for the kitchen! AND a retro piece of Blenko that I have been wanting. Anthony got a rare collector piece of Blenko (in opaline and cobalt --- his fave!) He also got an antique "road" sign that said Wrigley Field that mom and dad got him from an antique store. Gosh, we got so much stuff that I can't even name it. I felt bad because I didn't get a lot for my family, but they said that they enjoyed their gifts, so I guess that is all that matters..... Actually, all that matters to me is that my dad was happy....or seemed to be....he seemed to have had a good Christmas, despite all the other stuff going on.

Sunday - I got up at 8 AM. Started on the chocolate chip scones for breakfast. (Which turned out awesome BTW) Then, through the course of the day....homemade pasta sauce with italian sausage and beef, homemade lasagna, homemade italian sausage bread (I can't spell Minialotta???), self filled cupcakes, chocolate covered marshmallows, baked a pumpkin pie, manicotti, prepared the salad, thawed the shrimp ring, and Anthony's mom made some baked spaghetti....!!!! We ate about 4....a few people came over to share the holidays with us. There are a few others that are supposed to come by too but haven't showed yet.....I am so full that I feel like I am waddling like a penquin!!!! I've had two bowls of salad, a piece of lasagna, and some spaghetti....and a cupcake! Man, I definitely need to get my a** to the gym ASAP!

So, I have had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you have had a joyous holiday!

Continue to pray for my family during this difficult time....

Best wishes for the New Year!!!! Hey - speaking of New Year's...what are you guys doing to celebrate?

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

Jen, you and your family are in my prayers. I'm glad that you had a good day.I hope they continue.
lovingly,Charlie Tee