Sunday, December 18, 2005

More blessings this holiday season....

I wish I would have had the chance before now to let you know what has happened since Friday morning.... So, without further delay, let me begin....

Friday - While working at my desk, I received a phone call from my mother. (I know this is getting confusing....So, since I know all of you pretty well and I use names of people in my life already on this blog, I will just start using first names....My mother is Helen and my (step)Mom is Drema.) Anyways... Helen called and asked if Anthony and I were coming up to Mamaw's for Christmas Eve. I told her that I thought we weren't doing it this year....since we hadn't done that celebration for the past two years b/c of weather (we had it a week or so early last year). Anyways, I was ecstatic when she gave me the news. She was confused because she thought all along that we were getting together for the feast of roast, potatoes, and the fixin's. I somehow assumed that we wouldn't get together (because of the scheduling changes of recent years). You can imagine my excitement when she called me back, after confirming with Mamaw that we were getting together (because I had her so confused)!!!

So, that was blessing #1.

Friday night - I began my shopping for the family that I am sponsoring. I was able to get so many nice things between the two days of shopping (Friday and Saturday). My mother in law had a great time picking out gifts and just enjoying each other's company. The crowds were completely unbearable either. A great trip with my mother in law and the experience of doing something for others made me feel good.

Saturday - I went shopping with Annette and had a blast. She is so much fun. And, man, that girl is smart. I have learned so much from her and I am excited to find out what else is in store!
We finished up our shopping before 4:00! Much sooner than I had expected! Also, while we were shopping, my mother (Helen) called and wanted to give me $20 towards the family sponsorship. I was so excited! That is a total of $345 that was contributed by my loved ones to help this family.... We were able to get a TON of clothes, including coats for all three kids for under $200! With shoes, clothes, toys, gift cards for groceries and necessities for the mom, all in all, it was under $400!!! I just hope they like everything! Blessing #3 - Great day with a friend and doing something for someone else....AWESOME!!! (Plus, adding shopping into the mix just makes it even better!)

Then, after shopping, I spoke with mom (Drema) and she and Dad were in St. Albans shopping at KMART (for my brothers reading this...I'm not tellin' what they bought!!! You'll just have to wait! HAHA) They were getting ready to go to dinner...I was still stuffed from lunch with Annette, but I went for the visit. We had a blast. I really needed some quality time with the folks. Being with my mom and dad always lifts my spirits. Blessing #4 - QT with the folks!

So, after a weekend full of blessings (including my mother in law making homemade biscuits for breakfast YUM), I am ready for the holidays. Heck, I might even put the Christmas tree up today. After all, The Grinch even got into the holiday spirit at the end.....

May your holiday season be as blessed as mine has been.

I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life...but most of all, I am thankful for my family. Whether times are tough or great, they are always there. Thanks! :)

No comments: