Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas....

After talking with my aunt today to get some of her FAMOUS recipes, I went to the store to stock up on baked goods. Unfortunately, the shelves were pretty bare and I wasn't able to buy the brands that I normally buy, but the cookies that I have made so far have turned out pretty tasty! The sugar cookie dough is in the fridge setting overnight and the shortbread cookies are in the oven. As I've posted several times in this blog, I love my aunt's shortbread and hot tea. So, after the first batch came out of the oven tonight, I had a cup of tea and a couple shortbreads. I will be posting the recipes later tonight in case you'd like to bake some up in your kitchen.

Anthony helped me roll out the shortbread cookies and he says that he will be helping me paint the cookies tomorrow night after they cool. I am excited that he and I are making our own traditions by carrying on some of mine from childhood.

It's beginning to feel, taste, and smell a lot like Christmas in the Wagner house. :)

2 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

it is always so wonderful to carry on traditions during holidays.
i will be baking some cookies and i will be cooking SQUID(ugh) along with some really good things for christmas eve. yep, SOME traditions are great, others, yuck, but there are a few in my family that adore squid cooked in tomato sauce and only get it for christmas, so i will suck it up and prepare those icky little things! hope santa's giving me brownie points! ho, ho ho!!!

Jen said...

Love ya, too M!

Sherry - I like squid (on occasion), but I've never prepared it. You are a brave woman. I'm sure Santa is giving you brownie points!!! Have a great week! :)