Monday, December 19, 2005

Some lovin' from the oven!

I just got finished decorating my second batch of Christmas cookies. I forgot to get food coloring at Kroger, so they were iced white but sprinkled with red and green sugar. They taste pretty good...not quite as good as my Aunt's, but it's a start.

I have provided the recipes for my aunt's shortbread and sugar cookies below. I hope you enjoy them.

YUMMY! You don't get much better than butter and sugar. Okay, so I will DEFINITELY have to join the gym after the holidays.... :)

Sugar Cookies (Refrigerator Cookie Recipe)

5 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter
1 stick margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla

Cream margarine and butter add sugar…beat until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add to other mixture; mix well. (really stiff)

Chill overnight. Roll out; bake on ungreased sheet 6 to 8 minutes in 400 degree oven.

Cool and then frost.

Makes 100+ cookies (I divided this recipe in half to make about 50 cookies.)

Shortbread Cookies

½ lb (2 sticks) margarine
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
4-6 cups flour

Cream butter, margarine, and sugar. Gradually add flour (3 or 4 cups and then mix by hand – knead) shape into small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork or cookie press. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.

(I LOVE these cookies with a cup of hot tea.)

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

I'm in...sounds wonderful, I bet the smells in the Wagner house are awesome !!!
I'll just float over. Love ya, glad that you had a great weekend.Tee