Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I was a calendar girl...once.

My grandmother wrote a poem about all of her grandchildren in her book entitled, "Storehouse of Memories". The poem that she wrote about me was called, "OUR CALENDAR GIRL". It tears me up every time I read it. Mostly because she isn't here....and there are other reasons that I will discuss in a later post. I miss her. I hope she knows that.

Before I start crying too hard, here's the poem....

A calendar was a Christmas gift
from Jennifer to me.
I opened the present and
a prettier gift I shall never see.

Blonde curls, blue eyes and dimples---
She's a real beauty.
A smile that melts my heart---
She's our calendar cutie.

She's a knock-out in a bikini.
She's a picture in a plaid shirt and blue jeans.
She's a dream in a straw hat and sundress,
And in a pamper, she steals the scene.

Each day of nineteen-eighty-two
I'll look up and see
Our pretty little calendar girl
Smiling at me.

With this poem, there are pictures of me from that calendar. As soon as I can scan the page, I'll post it. It's kinda cute.

(I don't know where she got the bikini line, though...I guess b/c it was so long ago. HA HA)

No comments: