Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Memories Escaping...

I decided to write a poem about my granddad. I wish I could help him.

Memories Escaping

Memories escape him
Just like a balloon.
They fly away
Right out of the room.

He can talk about the war
Just like it was yesterday.
But he can't remember
being there for my wedding day.

They had to sell his house
and pack up all his things
he had to move from the playground of his children
and leave the porch swing.

He has been battling for a while now
I am sure he misses her love and care
he could use her help now
if she could only be there

I don't know how long he'll fight
or if he'll go during the night

But I know that when he sees her
his fight will be through
and he can tell her
that we miss her too.
~Jennifer Renee Wood-Wagner

(It's not my Nana's writing. But I hope she's listening. I hope she knows how much we all miss her.)

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

I would love to set those poems to music...give me the word.Both of them are beautiful.
lovingly,Charlie Tee