Friday, August 12, 2005

When can we get the REAL Whitney back?

Okay, so to give you a little background on why this is a topic, I was listening to the radio this evening and heard an old Whitney Houston song. Then, as I was flipping through the stations on the TV tonight, I stopped when I heard Whitney's voice on one of the all music stations. It's just so sad that she is not known as the wonderful and soulful singer that she once was. Her rendition of "I will always love you" has always been one of my favorite songs...especially one to (attempt) to belt out. Now, we know Whitney as a "has-been", "crack head", or just "Bad Boy Bobby's Crazy Wife". There are few, if any, artists in the mainstream now that have the talent that Whitney had. It's just so sad. She went from a gospel music singer to pop star to a washed up crazy woman. I wonder if she had the chance to go back and change it all, would she?

I miss hearing the wonderful voice of Miss Whitney...now the only time I hear her voice is when I flip through the channels and come across Bobby's reality show. She will sing a line or two occasionally, but I have to admit, it's not pretty. So, here's a crude statment....be prepared...I don't normally say things like this, but "Whitney should have laid off the pipe to save her pipes. Now, she's washed up along with her hubby with no hope of recovering her talent. I guess the 'reality show' will pay the bills for a while, but I just miss hearing her beautiful voice.

Maybe she'll make a comeback. What's the odds? Maybe she'll take Vanilla Ice's place on Hit Me Baby One More Time next season. Who knows????

3 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

I could agree witb you more. It's a sad commentary on a voice that could have made a difference.
I think though that the real reason for her "downfall,"is that she has loved too hard, What I mean by that is that she can be likened to a girl who had sex for the very first time.We've all been there, but most of us get over our first times and first crushes and simply get on with the business of living...everyday.
I think that eventually they will both grow up and face the music, if nothing else but for the sake of their daughter.

Charlie Tee said...

I meant to say that I COULDN'T agree with you more...typing just a little too fast.Tee

Don Surber said...

You have the real whitney :-(