Sunday, August 14, 2005

A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

I have had a WONDERFUL weekend. I went to the mall with Anthony, bought him a new wedding band and a new watch. (His friend is a manager of a jewelry store, so we got a good deal!) Then, I went shopping with a friend and her mom. (I got two pair of awesome shoes --- and only paid $25 for both pair!)

Yesterday, I went to my mamaw's to visit with my family. I ate, laughed, and visited. Then, we got up this morning and did it all over again. We had hashbrown casserole and french toast for breakfast and then a big spread for dinner. Homemade rolls, meatloaf (my aunt's meatloaf is awesome), green beans, zucchini rice bake, ham, macaroni salad, mashed potatoes, chicken and stuffing casserole and a few other things that I can't remember. Then, for dessert, we had chocolate eclair cake (which is sinfully wonderful), chocolate covered cherry cake, and lime fluff. Of course, I had a little of everything. I definitely need to get back on track with eating right tomorrow. By the time that I left Mamaw's today, I needed bigger pants. :(

I was reminded this weekend that we are all getting older....and at a rapid pace. My uncle (who lives out of state) would ask in conversation about someone who lived in the area to see how they were. Many times, the response from my grandmother, or other family members, would be that they have passed away, are in a nursing home, or they are not doing well.

Another reminder is that my cousin, Thomas, is growing up so fast. He is in middle school and I can remember when he was born. He was born in 2003. I can remember when he came home from the hospital and had to be on a monitor when he slept. He also had to have a blood transfusion because of a bad case of Jondas. Now, he is a very tall, skinny, and handsome young man. He's always been so smart and continues to be. Before I know it, he will starting college, then getting married and having a family of his own. I guess the scary thing about this realization is that I am getting older and that I am not a kid anymore. I know that it strange, but sometimes I have to pinch myself to realize that this is my life....It's real....I am not playing "house" like I did when I was a kid. I enjoy being an adult and I am enjoying learning new things and growing up, but sometimes I don't really realize it. Then, other times, it hits me a like a ton of bricks.

Also, this also means that my Mamaw and other close family members and friends are getting older too. I won't have those instrumental people in my life forever...I need to take advantage of their friendship, love, and wisdom while I can. So, I will continue visiting with my family and posting the lessons that I learn and the stories that are told.

I hope that you have enjoyed my posts about my family and I hope that you will enjoy the ones I will post in the future.

I hope you had a great weekend, too. :)

1 comment:

Charlie Tee said...

In the words of Ryan Stiles from the current Pizza Hut commercial..."stop it, I'm starving." Great post.
love ya ,Charlie Tee