Sunday, January 15, 2006

The BOOK Dilemma!

Okay, so many of you all know that my husband is in his second semester of grad school. As everyone knows, college (especially grad school) can be very expensive. Luckily, he has received student loans, etc. So, we have been blessed by that.

I was always amazed at how much books cost when I was in college...and how little we got back for them at the end of the semester. There was always a new edition coming out or the professor was going to use a different book the following semester. After my college bookstore was switched to a "barnes and noble" bookstore, it got even worse...

So, when my husband bought books last semester, we were reminded of the high cost. So, this semester, he decided that we should do some research online to see if we could find used or discounted books.

So, after hours of research last night, he got frustrated and said to forget it. (He does that when he is tired of dealing with something. Every once in a while, the "only child" in him comes out. And it did last night over these darn books!)

So, after hours of research and a few arguments later.....I found his books all online....a few used and one new (at a discounted price). I saved him over $100 and they should be shipped in time for him to get his reading done for his assignments. In a panic that they wouldn't arrive in time, I searched the Library Commission site for available copies of the books. The only ones they had were in Morgantown....so I don't think that will be much help.

So, pray for the packages to arrive on time. ;)

2 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

Get me the names of the all the books and the ISBN number located on the publishing page.I might be able to help.Love ya,Tee

Jen said...

Thanks, Charlie!

I sent you an email with the IBSN info.

Thanks! :) :)