Thursday, January 19, 2006

There's a reason that chores are called chores!

I decided that I would clean out my closet tonight. Dancing with the Stars was on and Anthony hates the show, so I thought that I would clean out my closet while watching it on the bedroom tv, leaving Anthony to watch something else.

I went through shirt after shirt and dress after dress and finally went through every article in my closet. I had went through my dressers a few months ago, but only did a "skim" of my closet at the time. So, tonight was down and dirty....purging anything that I haven't worn in months....or don't plan to wear....or that my body or age won't allow me to wear any longer.

So, what resulted was a large black garbage bag of clothes. So, I'll take it to work and see if any of the coworkers would like any of the articles, and then what is left will be bound for my hometown's ministry center. I'm a PACK RAT, but for the first time, purging was a little easier.

This time, I found it theraputic to go through the closet, but I did get a little sad. Clothes that I can't wear....they are too small or too 'youthful' for me to wear now. I'm getting older and a short pleated skirt that is adorned by many girls is no longer appropriate for me...or my wardrobe. That doesn't mean that I don't miss the days when I could get away with a skirt like that...or was there ever such a day????

Okay, so this was physically AND emotionally draining. I'm older...and I'm okay with that. I just wish that I still had my youthful body. I've got to get serious about my diet....I've got to get serious about exercise! AND before it's too late.....I don't want to get to a "point of no return".

However, on a positive note, I did enjoy Dancing with the Stars tonight and did get one of my "to do" items checked off my list.

So, it was atleast a productive evening.....

3 comments:

Heather said...

Don't we all long for the bodies of our youth? You are very pretty, jen. I bet you could still get away with wearing the skirt.

Charlie Tee said...

I agree with Heather, you are very beautiful...inside and out, but I feel your pain Sis.I'm with you in spirit...ALWAYS.
Read the post that I wrote this morning at 4am.
Also, I posted on our blog.
I love you dearly, keep the faith. Charlie Tee

Allison said...

I just love cleaning out. It cleans out your mind and lets you be free to join the present! I still have saved a couple of cherished items, but all else is unceremoniously tossed out and given to relatives and then thrift stores. I have saved my wedding dress, junior prom dress, sorority sweatshirts, and the "skinny" jeans. Those should really go, but anyway.

Have fun!