Thursday, January 05, 2006

OH MY! Do I LOVE watching ballroom dancing!

It all started as a kid with my favorite movie of ALL TIME - Dirty Dancing. The "plain young girl" becomes a beautiful dancer through the lessons of her partner. (It doesn't hurt that her partner is totally HOT and that she falls in love in the process....)

Now, as I have watched another wonderful movie, "Shall We Dance?", and watched part of the first season of Dancing with the Stars on ABC...it strengthens the desire to want to become a ballroom dancer.

I took ballet and jazz when I was little and was a dancer on the dance squad in high school. (Yes, I danced.....competitively...and in my mind, it is a SPORT!!!!!)

I LOVE DANCE! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT....and I will someday take ballroom lessons. I don't have to compete....I just want to learn....because I know I will love it. :) :) :)

Just a little wish....maybe for the New Year...who knows??????

I'm going ContraDancing again tomorrow night, so maybe that will feed my need for dance for a little while! :)

I watched ABC's Dancing with the Stars season premiere tonight. It was great and I was very surprised by some of the celebrities' talent....or lack thereof (HAHA).

I will post soon my reviews of tonight's performances......STAY TUNED!


ADDITION:

Here's my reviews from tonight (as if you all care! HAHA)
Lisa Rinna (Soap Star/Talk Show Host) and her partner Louis van Amstel were great Her movements were as smooth, but they were very good.

George Hamilton (actor) and his partner Edyta Silwinska were fair. She was great, he was decent. And compared to the other ones who were poor to mediocre, he was pretty good.....

Giselle Fernandez (journalist) and her partner Jonathan Roberts --- To be honest, somehow i missed this performance....so I can't "judge" them....

Master P (rapper) and his partner Ashly DelGrosso - Well, P was HORRIBLE...he just stood there while she danced around him. I felt bad for her b/c she was really talented!

Tia Carrere (actress) and her partner Max Chmerkovskly were good. She just had a baby a couple months ago and did a damn fine job!!! and looked stunning!

Kenny Mayne (ESPN Commentator) and his partner Andrea Hale....Once again, I felt sorry for her because he was so awful. He really tried...poor thing...at least he tried...but he should go back behind the sports desk. :)

Tatum O'Neal (actress - was the famous athlete in Bad News Bears) and her partner Nick Kosovich were really good. I was proud of them. There were a few others that were better, but she was in character and pulled it off.

Jerry Rice (football star) and his partner Anna Trebunskaya were good. I was actually very impressed by Jerry. He tried, had heart, and did well. :)

Stacy Keibler (professional wrestler) and her partner Tony Dovolani were AWESOME! They are my #1 pick! OUTSTANDING!!!!! WOW!!! Her legs are what I would dream of having! She's got a dancer's heart and body!

Drew Lachey (98 degrees band member and star in RENT) and his partner Cheryl Burke were great. They are my #2 pick! I was SO surprised by Drew's talent. (His brother Nick was there to cheer him on....without Jessica, of course???!!!!)

That's just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.....More info on the dancers and the show can be found at www.abc.com.

:)

No comments: