Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Contract for 2006

I resolve to do the following in 2006. No excuses. No whimping out.
  1. I will get back on a weight loss plan and stick with it!
  2. I will join the gym and work out AT LEAST 3 days a week.
  3. I will visit my family at least twice a month (hopefully more!) and I will call family members at least twice a week.
  4. I will plan get togethers with my girlfriends. We will get together at least once every 2 months. (Because I know that our schedules are so busy and travel is an issue.)
  5. I will learn more about my faith and the Episcopalian Church. (I have been a practicing Christian and Episcopalian for many years, but there is still so much to learn.)
  6. I will learn more about other faiths. (I have wanted to do this for years and have even made it my resolution for the past three years...but this is the year! NO EXCUSES!)
  7. I will learn to say NO to any more outside responsibilties. I will continue my charity work that I am currently involved in, but will not take on any more. I will be using that spare time to spend with my family.
  8. I will read at least one book a month.
  9. I will obtain information about graduate school and begin to get serious about starting back to college. (I hope to start grad school this coming fall.)

Ok, so there are a few more that I might want to add. But for now, at least I've covered:

  • Stimulating my mind, body, and spirit.
  • Doing some things for ME and spending time with friends and family
  • Cutting back on other obligations and attending to my primary obligation, which is my family.

5 comments:

Charlie Tee said...

I'm so proud of you...
I realize how hard it has been for you the past few weeks, and I've missed your postings, but i'm ovejoyed that you're back, and happy that you are taking stake in your life. I'm proud of Michael Ann too, I look up to you both, and I look forward to working with all of you.
Jen,Allah is with you always, hold on tight, and He will lead you to the right path.I love you dearly,Charlie Tee

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i hope that you do all that you've planned. i hope the fates smile on you and yours. : ) sherry

Heather said...

Those are some hefty resolutions! Good luck! Happy New Year!

Allison said...

Good luck with your resolutions, I know you wil l accomplish your goals.

I wrote this long post today about West Virginia. I was thining about you and how you live really close to the area where I lived a few years ago.

I read you blog all the time and think about the porch swing, I guess it has personal meaning to me as well in a sentimental kind of way.

Happy new year to you and yours.

Jen said...

Thank you lucky charmz for posting and visiting!

I'm going to add your blog to my listing on my blog.

Thanks again for your kind words and visiting. :)